Thursday, May 5, 2011

chapter 3

I am at lunch. I am planning on doing something mean to Walter for getting me in trouble. Then Jem intervenes and invites Walter to sit with him at lunch. That day after school my family invited Walter over for dinner. Him and father are talking about farm conditions, and I begin to criticize Walter. Dalpurina calls me into the kitchen and slaps me and tells me I need to be a better host.
Back at school Miss Caroline becomes frightened when she sees a bug crawl out of a boys hair. Buris, who is even more poor than the Cunnningham's.  He only comes to school the first day every year. When Miss Caroline got frightened by him he ran out of the classroom making enough mean remarks to make Miss Caroline cry. After school I asked my father if he could teach me himself instead of going to school. He tells me the law requires me to go to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment